Favorite Summer Trends
I love summer, but there’s only one thing about it I dread, and that’s stepping out of the crisp and cool air conditioned comfort of the indoors and getting blasted by a wave of hot air. Then I acclimatize to the heat again and I’m fine, but for that moment I’m thankful that summer’s halfway over, and then I curse the fact that summer’s halfway over (I’ve got a love-hate relationship with summer.
Besides being the halfway point of my season of suffering and bliss, I’ve also had the opportunity to experience the latest trends and pick out which exactly tickles my fancy. After a lot of boiling, simmering, then dumping the pot and boiling again, I’ve settled on my five favorite trends that have been dominating my style as of late.
- 1.Denim- It’s always been a staple but it’s not just for jeans. Denim skirts, jumpsuits, dresses, hats, they’re all in, and now’s your chance to grab something that’ll last a little longer than a few seasons (literally and figuratively.) I’ve personally been going for denim rompers and jumpsuits, but that’s probably because of a childhood obsession.
- 2.Stripes- Just like denim, they’re such a staple I think it might be more apt to call it a style rather than a trend, but that’s a discussion for another day. Either way, stripes of all… stripes… whether they’re vertical, horizontal, bicolor, tricolor, multicolor, etc. are vogue right now, so don’t be afraid to experiment!
- 3.Kimonos and Robes- Designers love to look at traditional Asian clothing and prints for inspiration, reinventing them with a touch of the contemporary to make some really cute pieces essential pieces. Now that I think about it, lately kimono jackets have been competing with my cardigans to become my last refuge of laziness. I just can’t say no to it.
- 4.Floral Prints- Your floral pattern dresses need some sunlight; otherwise they’ll wilt in your closet and then you’ll have to go through the whole laborious process of growing another garden to wear. Seriously though, bold, bright colors are awesome. Just sit in the glow of the setting sun and photosynthesize for a minute.
- 5.All-White- An all bright, crisp white outfit has always had this remarkable impact that catches your eye in the sunlight; white is truly the summer color of choice. Slip on that sundress, put on that sunhat and watch that setting sun while sipping a glass of ice tea, it feels pretty magical and mildly addictive.
Welcome one and all to the grand opening of the Gravity Trading website and blog where we’ll provide the latest and greatest news in the world of fashion, as well as the occasional little tidbit from us on this or that. Of course, we’ve got a simple, fundamental question we should answer first: What the heck is Gravity Trading?Gravity Trading [...]